NUR135 - Diabetes: Type 2 (2.0 HR)
The health care professional will enhance their knowledge of type 2 diabetes and treatment for the disease.
Purpose: The health care professional will enhance their knowledge of type 2 diabetes and treatment for the disease.
- Discuss type 2 diabetes;
- List the risk factors for type 2 diabetes;
- Discuss the symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Explain the symptoms of hypo- and hyperglycemia;
- Discuss exams and tests for type 2 diabetes;
- Explore medications used in the treatment of the disease;
- Discuss care of the diabetic patient.
Continuing Education Credits: 2.0 contact hours Iowa BON #335; 2.4 contact hours CA Board of Nursing CEP 14033; 2.0 contact hours CE Broker # 50-4572 Florida and District of Columbia; 2.0 CE hours for certified nursing assistants; long term care department heads; and other health care disciplines.