ALL104 - Customer Service & Health Care for Non-Supervisory Staff (1.5 HR)
To improve customer service in health care.
Purpose: To improve customer service in health care.
- Define customer service;
- Identify the customer;
- Differentiate between customer service and customer-driven service;
- Discuss components of and strategies for delivering exceptional customer service and how it relates to quality care;
- Develop actions to improve and enhance listening skills to improve customer service;
- Explore ways to value the employee(s) who exhibit(s) exceptional customer service commitment;
- Recognize the impact of exceptional customer service on market share/customer retention in the competitive business environment;
- Define the relationship between the customer (patient) and the role of the nurse or other health care provider in customer service.
Continuing Education Credit: 1.8 contact hours Iowa BON #335; 1.5 contact hours CA Board of Nursing CEP 14033; 1.5 contact hours CE Broker # 50-4572 Florida and District of Columbia; 1.5 contact hours for Social Work State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 159.001315; 1.5 contact hours for Physical Therapy State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 216.000284; 1.5 contact hours for Occupational Therapy State of Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. License No. 224.000164; 1.5 CE hours for certified nursing assistants; long term care department heads; and other health care disciplines.