Purpose: Nursing home administrators will review and gain knowledge of current and emerging infection control procedures, common health care-related infections, infectious disease outbreaks, and how to develop effective infection control programs within a health care facility.
- Discuss the importance of practicing proper infection control procedures;
- Describe specific sources of infections and how they are transmitted;
- Describe standard precaution protocols;
- State appropriate hand washing techniques and explain why it is important;
- Describe the use of personal protective equipment as outlined in the CDC guidelines;
- Describe the appropriate methods for disposing of contaminated materials;
- State the proper procedure for disinfecting environmental surfaces;
- Describe the infection control protocols used to prevent common health care related infectious diseases;
- Discuss the issues related to infectious disease outbreaks;
- Develop an infection control program that meets the requirements of the law;
- Explain how to investigate, control, and prevent the spread of infection in the facility;
- Discuss investigative protocols used during surveys of infection control issues.
- Additional Information
Color No UPC No MPN No EAN No Manufacturer No