DHS102 - 2020 Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training (2.0 HR)
The purpose of this course is to enhance the knowledge of the mandatory reporter in recognizing and reporting suspected child abuse.
Purpose: To enhance the knowledge of the mandatory reporter in recognizing and reporting suspected child abuse.
- Know the Iowa definitions of child abuse and the responsibilities you have as a Mandatory Reporter.
- Identify the criteria needed for a child abuse allegation.
- Recognize the indicators of child abuse.
- Follow child abuse reporting procedures.
- Understand the intake and assessment process
Training Requirements: Every individual required to report suspected abuse as defined in Iowa Code 232.69(1) and Iowa Code 235B.3(2) must complete 2 hours of mandatory reporter training within their first six months of employment or self-employment and one hour of additional training every three years (unless otherwise specified by federal regulations). If your employment qualifies you as a mandatory reporter for both child abuse and dependent adult abuse, you are required to take both trainings and maintain certification for both curricula.
Both the Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training and the Dependent Adult Mandatory Reporter trainings are available through the Department of Human Services website free of charge.
After your purchase you will receive three emails:
- Confirmation of purchase
- Your login id, password and a link to access the course.