ABU200 - Child & Dependent Adult Abuse for Iowa Mandatory Reporters (2.0 HR)
To enhance the knowledge of the mandatory reporter in recognizing and reporting suspected child or dependent adult abuse.
Purpose: To enhance the knowledge of the mandatory reporter in recognizing and reporting suspected child or dependent adult abuse.
- Define child abuse and the primary purpose of Iowa child abuse laws;
- Discuss the enactment and purpose of the Iowa Child Abuse Reporting Law;
- Define the term "caretaker" of a child;
- List those people recognized as mandatory reporters in Iowa;
- List and discuss the ten categories of child abuse;
- Explore the reporting procedures for mandatory reporters;
- Discuss the consequences of failure to report suspected child abuse;
- Explore the child abuse assessment process;
- Discuss the meaning of child abuse assessment conclusions;
- Discuss protective custody as it relates to suspected child abuse;
- Discuss the Central Registry, its purpose and role related to the child abuse issue;
- Define dependent adult;
- Identify who, by Iowa Code, is considered to be a mandatory reporter of dependent adult abuse;
- Discuss agencies in Iowa responsible for investigating reports of dependent adult abuse;
- Discuss dependent adult abuse reporting requirements;
- List signs of environmental, physical, and behavioral dependent adult abuse;
- Differentiate among the five categories of dependent adult abuse as outlined by the Code of Iowa for the department of Human Services (DHS) and the Department of Inspections and Appeals (DIA);
- Discuss report conclusions possible following an investigation of dependent adult abuse;
- Explore court actions that may be taken on behalf of the dependent adult for: substance abuse commitment, mental health commitment, conservatorship, and guardianship;
- Explore record keeping of adult abuse information and parties who are authorized to obtain that information;
- Discuss training requirements for the mandatory reporter.
After your purchase you will receive three emails:
- Confirmation of purchase
- Your login id, password and a link to access the course.